We’ve worked with partners to develop a range of audio guides, available for free download from the izi.travel app.
Fancy learning about Bo’ness and its amazing heritage?
Now you can, thanks to free audio guides hosted on the izi.TRAVEL app.
Currently, three are available:
- The Kinneil to Carriden Foreshore – https://bit.ly/kinneil-foreshore-guide
- Bo’ness Town Centre – https://bit.ly/boness-town-guide – and
- Kinneil Estate https://bit.ly/kinneil-estate-guide
How to install the audio guides
- Search and download the izi.TRAVEL app. It’s available for iOS and Android devices. You’ll also find links for the app at www.izi.travel
- Install the app on your smartphone or tablet
- Open the app and say yes to location and notification settings (you’ll need these for the app to work properly).
- Search for the local tours. Enter either “Bo’ness” or “Falkirk” (as the region) to bring up the local guides.
- Download the audio guide (which includes a map and pictures) and then go for a walk.
- As you get near particular locations on the guide, your phone or tablet should automatically start playing the correct audio for that location.
The guides have been produced by local firm The PR Store and feature interviews with local people, historians and other experts.
Some of the guides have been produced in association with the Bo’ness Tenants’ and Residents’ Association and Bo’net. In turn these groups have used funding from Falkirk Council, NHS Forth Valley and Tesco Bags of Help. Thanks to everyone who supported the production of the guides.
Got feedback on the guides – or want to know more? Contact The PR Store